Hello There, Guest!  

[OQSPS] Inequality among 32 London Boroughs: An S factor analysis

Attachment added.

(2016-Jan-22, 07:36:39)ljzigerell Wrote: The manuscript is good. I have attached a file with some grammar edits and comments. I approve the manuscript after those edits are addressed.

A few notes that are not necessary to address for my approval:

1. I'm not sure it's necessary to add the Japan S-factor results, but that's at least something to consider.

2. It might be worth considering the legibility of graphs. The text on the y-axis for Figure 4 overlaps slightly; Figures 5 and 6 have labels that fall off the graph or are on top of each other; and Figures 7 and 8 have a lot of labels on top of each other. If the labels aren't necessary for Figures 7 and 8, it might be best to exclude the labels; otherwise, I'm not sure of a solution.

3. The unexpected result for female pay might reflect a positive outcome. The dataset had a gross annual pay variable that was not disaggregated by sex, so maybe that would be a better measure in the future, if it's not theoretically clear that lower pay for one sex would be a negative outcome (because of, for instance, the assortive mating that Kenya mentioned).

Attached Files
.pdf   Inequality among 32 London Boroughs.pdf (Size: 1.23 MB / Downloads: 397)
Thank you. I am pressed for time right now, but will try to get back with a new draft fixing the issues.
New version uploaded, version 6. https://osf.io/f4uc2/files/

Changes:

Abstract:
Added GCSE full name.
Fixed grammar.

Page 2:
Grammar fixes.
Moved a clause.

Page 3:
Added 2 paragraphs of explanatory text below the list.

Page 5:
Added a parenthesis with Grievous bodily harm (GBH).

Page 7:
Removed one “thus”.
Inserted missing “of”.

Page 8:
Changed “one” to “another”.
Added the remaining part of the sentence (don't know what happened there, probably got interrupted).

Page 10:
Added capital to United States.
Added “in society” to make the meaning of “fare worse” more clear.

Page 12:
Fixed typo.

Page 15:
Fixed wrong word (“each country of origin”, not “each country of country”!).

Page 17:
Fixed typo.

Others:
Fixed slight overlap in indicator names in Figure 4 (loadings plot). There has been an update to the ggplot2 package, so the plots now look somewhat different. I could not find a way to increase the line heights, so I had to make the text even smaller (font size 5). Also added more breaks and increased limits to -1 to 1.

For the Jensen's method plots, removed the overlapping names and increased the limits slightly.
Thank you, Emil. I approve publication.

(2016-Jan-23, 12:23:18)Emil Wrote: New version uploaded, version 6. https://osf.io/f4uc2/files/

Changes:

Abstract:
Added GCSE full name.
Fixed grammar.

Page 2:
Grammar fixes.
Moved a clause.

Page 3:
Added 2 paragraphs of explanatory text below the list.

Page 5:
Added a parenthesis with Grievous bodily harm (GBH).

Page 7:
Removed one “thus”.
Inserted missing “of”.

Page 8:
Changed “one” to “another”.
Added the remaining part of the sentence (don't know what happened there, probably got interrupted).

Page 10:
Added capital to United States.
Added “in society” to make the meaning of “fare worse” more clear.

Page 12:
Fixed typo.

Page 15:
Fixed wrong word (“each country of origin”, not “each country of country”!).

Page 17:
Fixed typo.

Others:
Fixed slight overlap in indicator names in Figure 4 (loadings plot). There has been an update to the ggplot2 package, so the plots now look somewhat different. I could not find a way to increase the line heights, so I had to make the text even smaller (font size 5). Also added more breaks and increased limits to -1 to 1.

For the Jensen's method plots, removed the overlapping names and increased the limits slightly.

Thanks. I will post it on the journal website unless there are objections.
https://twitter.com/vovin5/status/711401043347841024

Someone found some more derp errors.
Fixed and updated.