Hello There, Guest!  

[ODP] A new study of intelligence in Morocco

Like before, for this kind of article, I require the original language article to be posted for those who can read the language.

Likewise, the language problems above should be fixed.

There should be a link to the supplementary material in the paper. Just rename the peer review section to something like "peer review and supplementary material", and add one sentence with a link to it.

It would be very nice if the authors could supply a scan of the conversion tables used. These tables are very difficult to find. I have not been able to find them online anywhere.
(2015-May-04, 13:44:11)Emil Wrote: Like before, for this kind of article, I require the original language article to be posted for those who can read the language.

It would be very nice if the authors could supply a scan of the conversion tables used. These tables are very difficult to find. I have not been able to find them online anywhere.

The original paper is attached. Scores are from Table 2.

It would be nice to have the conversion tables.

Attached Files
.pdf   Sidi El Kamel.pdf (Size: 339.33 KB / Downloads: 429)
(2015-May-04, 13:44:11)Emil Wrote: It would be very nice if the authors could supply a scan of the conversion tables used. These tables are very difficult to find. I have not been able to find them online anywhere.

Jason Malloy kindly sent the conversion tables. I attached them below. (Emil could you check the numbers over?)

Attached Files
.pdf   UK RPM Norms 79.pdf (Size: 876.81 KB / Downloads: 392)
.pdf   US RPM norms.pdf (Size: 8.53 MB / Downloads: 399)
I do not have time to check them now.
(2015-May-30, 20:00:36)Chuck Wrote:
(2015-May-04, 13:44:11)Emil Wrote: It would be very nice if the authors could supply a scan of the conversion tables used. These tables are very difficult to find. I have not been able to find them online anywhere.

Jason Malloy kindly sent the conversion tables. I attached them below. (Emil could you check the numbers over?)

Based on the conversion tables provided by Malloy, I estimated different percentiles than did the authors. This might be due to how they handled rounding.

I attached my and their estimated values.

Also, age 17 and 17.5 norms were unavailable. I can not approve publication until this matter is resolved.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Comparision of Percentile calculations.xlsx (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 348)
Lynn probably did the scoring.

If norms for 17 and 17.5 cannot be found, another solution is to fit a function to the existing data and extrapolate to the 17 and 17.5 values, and then use those. Of course, one would have to make sure the fit is a good one (non-linear).
I have emailed Bakhiet and Lynn today re. this submission asking them to look into the problem.
This submission has been inactive for a long time. I contacted the author again.

Quote:Emil O. W. Kirkegaard 5 days ago
Salaheldin,

I'd like to remind you that you and Richard Lynn still have a paper in submission that has not been revised for months.

http://openpsych.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=142

-Emil

Authors:

Quote:Salaheldin Farah Attallah Bakhiet to you 1 day ago
dear Emil

soon we will complete it.

best,
This paper has been abandoned by the authors.