Hello There, Guest!  

[ODP] A Study of the IQ in Sudan

I approve of the current draft which has the caveat required by Peter and Dalliard. Meng Hu approved before, so this gives 4 perhaps.
I'm puzzled by the replacement of "in-migrants" with "immigrants" in the caveat. An immigrant comes from another country, but this is not the case in Sudan. The inhabitants of Khartoum state come from different regions of the same country. If the word "in-migrant" sounds too pedantic, why not use "migrant"?

Otherwise I approve.
(2014-Nov-06, 05:41:33)Emil Wrote: Are the reviewers okay with this version? It has the caveat Peter required. I will also ask the authors if it is okay with them.

I approve if this is the last submitted version. But who made this change ? I need to know if this is what the authors really wrote.
They sent me a version before, but I must have uploaded the wrong version here. The draft here is that version plus formatting fixes that I added, as well as trivial stuff like which when it was submitted and where the review thread is.
(2014-Nov-07, 02:32:35)Emil Wrote: They sent me a version before, but I must have uploaded the wrong version here. The draft here is that version plus formatting fixes that I added, as well as trivial stuff like which when it was submitted and where the review thread is.

I think we have 4 or more approvals -- so we should be OK to publish. Maybe make the "immigrant" to "migrant" correction mentioned by PF.
Alright. I will ask the authors if they are okay with the current version.
(2014-Nov-09, 23:08:49)Emil Wrote: Alright. I will ask the authors if they are okay with the current version.

Emil, what's the status on this paper? Did you get a response?
No response. Maybe they are busy.
I contacted Lynn and Bakhiet. And Bakhiet answered :

Quote:Hi
this my reply
The study took a sample of residential areas inhabited by members of the permanent row and not among respondents refugees or immigrants, as these always be outside the city of Khartoum at the edges.
Social and economic strata of the study sample includes 3 layers, low Middle and high, and where the ethnic side they represent the people of northern Sudan.
Can we incorporate this reply into the paper? Something like:

The participants were permanent residents of Khartoum and indigenous to northern Sudan. None of them were refugees or migrants from other parts of the country. They came from lower, middle, and upper socioeconomic strata.