Hello There, Guest!  

[OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities

I read the paper. I have no particular objection to the methods or interpretation.

However, it's a shame that this data would only be used for this small analysis. This paper is, to my knowledge, the first to present and analyze immigrant performance data for broken down by country of origin/nationality for the UK, and so it would be very relevant to see if the usual predictors -- national IQ and Islam prevalence -- perform well in the UK sample as well. It would also be very relevant to see if there is an S factor, as there was for Denmark and Norway.

Thus, I propose that you extend this study to include more diverse outcome data and analyze whether these can be predicted by national IQ/Islam prevalence as previously reported. For this reason, I spent some time searching for data for you. I used search terms like "united kingdom", "country of birth", "country of origin", "nationality", "statistics" and then added a word for the particular type of outcome I was looking for, e.g. crime, income, employment. This produced the following results:

You have crime rates, but you can get prisoners per capita by nationality:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collection...-quarterly

These numbers cover a lot more countries. See table 1.11 (in the yearly version spreadsheet). There's prisoner rate data for about 200 countries. You just need to pair it with matching population count data for the same periods. The data covers 2002 to 2016, so one can average out a lot of the randomness for the smaller groups.

This source has welfare use by country of origin for a small number of countries.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/367

It's probably possible to find some more data. I particularly would like to see:
- (un)employment rate
- average income
- educational attainment -- most relevant when they attended school in the UK
- cognitive/scholastic scores, GCSE for instance
- health indicators, such as smoking

It is possible to impute data for groups that have e.g. 2/3 datapoints.

Let me know what you think. I realize this would take a lot more work, but I think it is worth it. Recall how much your previous terrorism paper improved by using multiple data sources.

Messages In This Thread
[OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by NoahCarl - 2016-Oct-09, 23:54:06
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by Emil - 2016-Oct-10, 05:44:39
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by NoahCarl - 2016-Oct-10, 15:29:06
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by Emil - 2016-Oct-10, 16:35:11
Analytic replication - by Emil - 2016-Oct-10, 17:39:41
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by NoahCarl - 2016-Oct-11, 12:44:14
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by Emil - 2016-Oct-11, 16:07:04
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by Emil - 2016-Oct-13, 21:54:07
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by NoahCarl - 2016-Oct-16, 19:26:10
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by Emil - 2016-Oct-16, 22:12:45
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by ljzigerell - 2016-Oct-18, 08:28:38
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by NoahCarl - 2016-Oct-18, 15:24:48
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by ljzigerell - 2016-Oct-20, 15:21:34
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by HeinerRindermann - 2016-Nov-01, 21:21:44
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by NoahCarl - 2016-Nov-02, 12:41:06
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by HeinerRindermann - 2016-Nov-08, 21:33:10
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by Emil - 2016-Nov-10, 20:01:37
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by NoahCarl - 2016-Nov-11, 23:03:25
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by jsmith - 2018-Mar-27, 04:27:53
RE: [OQSPS] Net Opposition to Immigrants of Different Nationalities - by NoahCarl - 2018-Apr-03, 20:36:43